Thursday, January 20, 2011

dear lord, it's cold outside!

Hi guys...writing this as I try to warm up in my car in the tom thumb parking lot.  Yep, found another place with wifi! :) Wahooo, grocery shopping and then blogging.  

Well, it's a balmy 30 outside and still they are working on our house.  Pat and I went by this morning and it's looking pretty awesome! :)  The painters are in there right now painting and should be done by tomm afternoon.  just crazy how fast they go!  They will still have to come back and do the coffee glaze over the downstairs but it's so cool how fast they work.  Don't worry, they have heaters in the house, bc I was so worried they were going to freeze to death!  I'm making cookies today and plan on taking some over to them...I wanted to bring hot chocolate but Patrick thinks that will be a debacle! :) 

here are a few updated photos:

 The front “formal” living area!  They were so sweet and trimmed it out for us!
  
Looking into our dining room…my piece is on the left and again trimmed out and framed the windows! J
 Looking at the staircase from the dining room!
 The spice racks (those fancy corbels pull out and hold the spices) and detail in the kitchen!
 More details of the cabinets in the kitchen!
  
The downstairs bedroom with the railing detail…Patrick’s favorite!
 The view from the back….from Johnny and Yvette’s house…ha ha ha….the lot is for sale so we keep saying they are going to buy it and build their house and we will have a gate betw our two fences!  Our neighbors would LOVE us! J
 This is where the 6 ft wine fridge is going to go with wine rack above it.  This is in our breakfast room.  I don’t know if ya’ll can see but the little decorative piece above the rack matches the one in the dining room.  It has a fleur de lis….a nod to Louisiana and the Cajun in us! J
 Our island with the brown stain! J
 Our wooden mantle that David Gardner made for us.  He did an awesome job.  We told him to just do what he thought would look good.  He is so talented!
 The cabinets on my side in our bathroom. 
 I know you cannot really tell but this is in our closet.  They separated the rods so that I would not rip them out with my clothes…ummm yeah, been a fight/issue with me and clothing rods for years! J  We have a built in dresser in the middle of the closet as well that David built.  J
 A pic of the stairwell now that it is stained/painted! J

Another view of the kitchen from the stairs!

I hope ya’ll enjoy the pics.  Have a fabulous weekend!  I cannot wait to see what's in store for us next week.  We are super excited bc mom and dad are hoping to come up next weekend to see the house for the first time.  This will be Dad's first trip out of town so we are SOOOO EXCITED!!!  Chas is going to be in Dallas as well so it will be so fun to have family in Dallas for the weekend! :) 

Xoxo
Ang and Pat

1 comment:

  1. Ang I LOVE the detail work in the kitchen! I can't wait to see the finished product. It's going to be beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete